This project is a collaborative effort between Westchester Institute for Human Development (WIHD) and 28 Local Health Departments (LHDs) across New York State (NYS).
To positively impact the lives of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) and their families by assisting Local Health Departments (LHDs) in providing needed and appropriate services.
Westchester Institute for Human Development will:
- Engage families and youth in meaningful conversations with our family specialists
- Provide training and technical assistance to local health departments
- Collect regional resources to create a resource directory for families and youth impacted by special health care needs.
We will we do this by:
- Collecting information on regional resources for your county (Make a referral for our resource directory)
- Conducting needs assessments for LHD’s
- Engaging with families of CYSHCN to learn about their experiences (See our Recruitment Flyer for more information)
- Providing technical assistance to LHD’s
- Collecting and developing educational print materials for providers and caregivers
- Developing Public Service Announcements and webinars
- Developing video vignettes about important health related topics
Who will we serve?
- Families of children and young adults ages 0-21 years old with special health care need(s)
If you are interested in participating in our one of our family sessions, complete our Intake Survey to answer some pre-qualifying questions.
For more information about this program, please contact email@example.com