Undergraduate Research Internship
The Westchester Institute for Human Development (WIHD) University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) is collaborating with the Mercy College McNair and CSTEP programs to provide research experiences for undergraduate scholars.
The research opportunities available at WIHD involve placement of Mercy students on a faculty-led research team of trainees from our LEND Program (Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities). LEND trainees are graduate students, pre-doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows in the health and education professions, as well as self-advocates and family members of people with disabilities.
- developing a policy brief on transition of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities to adulthood
- meetings the needs of children with developmental disabilities in child welfare systems
- evaluating the efficacy and cost efficiency of post-foster care program
- ensuring library accessibility for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- investigating outcomes for children diagnosed with ASD before age three
*Independent, faculty-mentored research projects may be available, but these opportunities are limited and will only be offered as needed.