The Yorktown Central School District invites parents of children who are transitioning from the Committee on Preschool Special Education to kindergarten next fall to learn about services available for school-age children with special needs. This transition night will feature a panel of speakers, including several staff members from our elementary schools.
The more you know about what comes next, the better you will be able to participate as a partner with the school district and its service providers on behalf of your child.
You will learn more about:
- Your child’s educational rights to appropriate services and supports
- Comparison of CPSE, CSE and Building Level services and programs, including Section 504
- Committee on Special Education members’ roles and responsibilities
- Classifications and IEP development
- School-age continuum of service
- Laws and regulations
Contact: For additional information or questions please contact Lisa Camia call 914-243-8000 x18602 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Snowdate: Tuesday, January 21 (time and location are the same as above)