The Lower Hudson Special Education Task Force is proud to present Codes of Conduct and Rights & Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities. Given the variety of learning models (in-person, hybrid, remote, etc.) this school year, school discipline and expectations for student behavior look different. Join us for a panel presentation encouraging communication and understanding among stakeholders in special education around school Codes of Conduct.
This Zoom webinar panel presentation will address issues such as:
- What is a Code of Conduct?
- How can students and families learn about students’ rights and obligations under school Codes of Conduct?
- What happens when there is a violation of the Code of Conduct? What protections and supports must be afforded to students with disabilities when faced with the possibility of school discipline?
- What is a Manifestation Determination anyway?
- How can the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) protect students?
Dr. Lisa Brady, Superintendent, Dobbs Ferry UFSD
Stephanie Burns, Esq., Member, Keane & Beane, P.C.
Stefanie Shabman, Esq., Legal Director, Student Advocacy
If you have problems registering, please call:
845.228.7457 x1108 or email