- We are passionate about providing a full range of dental services to adults and children with developmental disabilities.
- Our caring and patient staff is trained to support the unique needs of our patients. Each staff member has many years of experience providing dental care to persons with developmental disabilities.
- We are here to educate caregivers and our special needs patients on proper oral hygiene techniques and each dental visit with us is a teaching opportunity towards this goal.
Our dental team strongly believes in early intervention for prevention and the importance of maintaining good oral health to ensure good general health. The Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that a child’s first visit should be at their first birthday or when their first tooth erupts, whichever comes first. Good oral health is an integral part of one’s overall general health.
WIHD Dental Services
- General Dentistry – all phases of general dentistry and specialty referrals
- Outpatient – Oral Pre-medication for apprehensive special needs patients
- Intravenous (IV) sedation (conscious sedation) and/or general anesthesia for those special needs patients unable to be successfully treated with outpatient oral pre-medication in the clinic setting
- Same-day surgery
Our mobile van dental outreach program serves individuals with disabilities throughout the Hudson Valley Region. Off site appointments eliminate staffing and transportation issues for agencies and group homes.
- All phases of general dentistry
- Two dental suites
- Dentist and hygienist
- Wheelchair lift
- Dental Van Flyer