Primary Care at WIHD is a partnership among patients, caregivers, referral sources and care providers.
What we do:
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions
- Promote and maintain health
- Help prevent disease
- Educate patients and caregivers
Patient-Centered Medical Home
WIHD is recognized as a “Patient-Centered Medical Home” for the more than 5,000 patients we serve each year.
Patients and families can take advantage of our:
- Expanded evening office hours
- 24/7 on call service for after-hour urgent matters
- Care coordination to organize primary and specialty care providers
For more information about Westchester’s Medical Home for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, please click here.
Complementing our primary care and dental services, WIHD offers a broad range of specialty medical and behavioral health services. Our specialist services, with examples of the conditions they treat, include the following:
- Cardiology: Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure
- Dermatology: Rashes and Other Skin Conditions
- Endocrinology: Diabetes (Disproportionately Prevalent in the Idd Population), Thyroid Disease and Other Hormonal Abnormalities
- Ent (Otolaryngology): Conditions Affecting Ears, Noses and Throats of Infants Through Adults
- Metabolic Services: Inherited Metabolic Disorders, I.E. Phenylketonuria (Pku)
- Neurology: Seizures, Dementia, Gait Disturbance
- Nutrition Services: Diabetes, Obesity, Weight Management
- Ophthalmology: Eye Disorders, Screening, Corrective Lenses
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Physiatry): Assistive Devices: Special Shoes, Braces, Wheelchairs.
- Podiatry: Foot Care
- Psychiatry: Medication Management to Improve Function and Quality of Life
- Psychological Services: Neuropsychological Testing, Help with Guardianship Documentation, Care Coordination with Psychiatry
- Urology: Urinary Incontinence, Prostate Disorders
- Women’s Health: Well Woman Exams
Transition to Adult Healthcare
Many of our patients come to us as they make the transition from pediatric to adult medical care. This can be a stressful time for patients, who face unfamiliar medical concerns and new healthcare providers. We understand, and we respond with the care, compassion, and patience that you and your loved one deserve.
Because we draw upon the comprehensive resources of WIHD, we can answer your questions about employment, community-based programs and housing options for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Schedule an Appointment
Our administration and support staff are available to accept referrals and schedule your appointments. We are also available to answer any questions or concerns you have. Your health and your satisfaction with our services is our utmost concern.
Please print out and complete the forms below to expedite the referral process. They contain the information that we need to register and schedule patients and also can provide information regarding your rights as a patient at our facility and our privacy practices.
Mail completed forms to the address below, or fax them to 914-493-1675:
Westchester Institute for Human Development
Cedarwood Hall Room 221
Valhalla, New York 10595
REGISTRATION FORM – This form provides Westchester Institute for Human Development with basic information about the person receiving services. It also asks to identify parents or guardians, as well as information needed for billing purposes.
ENGLISH | SPANISH
CONSENT FOR CARE AND TREATMENT
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES FORM – This form is to acknowledge that you have received a Notice of Privacy Practices, which is included in this packet.
ENGLISH FORM| ENGLISH NOTICE
SPANISH FORM | SPANISH NOTICE
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FORM – Complete sections 1, 2, and 4. If you are covered by Medicare, please complete section 3 also.
ENGLISH | SPANISH
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION – This form authorizes the Westchester Institute for Human Development to release health information to the individuals and/or organizations designated by you. Information from medical care is privileged and cannot be released without this form.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
PATIENT BILL OF RIGHTS AND ATTESTATION FORM