SELF DIRECTION SUPPORT BROKER
Website Westchester Institute for Human Development
The Community Support Network within the Westchester Institute for Human Development in Valhalla, NY is looking for a Support Broker to join their Self Direction Broker Team. We are a progressive agency and supportive team seeking a dedicated self-starting individual to work with individuals and their families using person centered planning to coordinate services and supports to enable individuals with developmental disabilities (who are OPWDD eligible) to access meaningful activities in their daily lives and promote self-determination.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Work with the individual and their Circle of Support to manage their Self Direction plan and budget, and meet with the individual up to 4 times a year for Circle of Support meetings.
· Liaise with OPWDD, the Fiscal Intermediaries, Care Managers and other provider agencies as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a health or human service field
· 2 to 3 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities
· Computer skills with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent Communication Skills and ability to multi-task
· Knowledge of NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com