PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
Website Westchester Institute for Human Development
WIHD is currently recruiting for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work full time which can include in-person and tele-health. The PNP will provide psychiatric services to patients which includes initial psychiatric intake, medication management and follow up care.
Westchester Institute for Human Development is a leader in addressing major social and health issues affecting people with disabilities and vulnerable children. WIHD addresses major social and health issues by developing and delivering medical, clinical and support services to individuals, their families and caregivers.
- Performs an initial psychiatric evaluation and, where available, reviews past psychiatric history and medications.
- Establishes and documents a psychiatric treatment plan including, where needed, medication therapy. Documents exclusively and comprehensively in CureMD.
- Review lab and psychological updates and reports on patients. Meets with patients to observe response to medication and to follow up on side effects of meds should any occur.
- Provide patient education and updates to patients, where capable, and/or their caregivers for the purpose of patient care.
- Order appropriate lab work and required consults and review results in EHR.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- NY State NP in Psychiatry License.
- Three to five years experience preferably in an outpatient medical or behavioral health setting.
- Experience in serving individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Collaborative, patient, hard working, good written and verbal skills, reliable, able to work independently, organized and efficient.
- MS Office and EHR.
WIHD values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org