Website Westchester Institute for Human Development
Summary of Position: The Project Assistant position is part-time (14 hrs per week) and is responsible for supporting the Research Department on activities related to the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Regional Support Center. This is a two-year, grant funded position that requires the three state University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs) evaluate the needs, provide technical assistance, and develop resources to help local health departments support families of CYSHCN. This position will focus on ongoing data collection and communication with local health departments; coordination and facilitation of in person sessions with families and local health departments; data entry, management and analysis; and collaborating in the development of resource guides and educational materials for parents and professionals of CYSHCN.
Project Assistant Responsibilities:
- Ongoing communication with local health departments in assigned region, including site visits at least once for each local health department in assigned region;
- Collaborate with project staff to develop resource guides and training materials for parents and professionals;
- Assist project staff to coordinate and facilitate in person sessions for local health departments and families in assigned region;
- Assist project staff with data collection, entry, management, analysis, reporting, and other project activities.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree Required. Preferred Master’s Degree with a focus or emphasis on child development, disability, and/or public health.
Knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook scheduling, Data analysis. Preferred experience in database development, various data collection methods, quantitative and qualitative data analysis,
Kind and Length of Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a field related to CYSHCN (e.g., education, health);
- Experience assisting with research projects;
- Understanding of disability services and supports for families.
General: Excellent writing and editing abilities; strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; good organizational and time management capabilities; and, highly responsible with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Travel will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com