Website Westchester Institute for Human Development
Summary of Position: Provide expertise and educational services for children in foster care within the Child Welfare Services program at WIHD. This part time position is 28 hours per week and requires candidates with a valid drivers license.
- Obtaining and reviewing educational records for children in foster care in order to make appropriate recommendations for educational support services;
- Providing advocacy for appropriate educational services for children in foster care by attending school meetings, as well as CPSE and CSE initial eligibility meetings and annual reviews, and writing detailed reports;
- Consultation with DSS and WIHD staff, as well as outside school personnel, and other agencies concerning educational issues for children in foster care;
- Record keeping and documentation in medical record system (Cure) and state database (Connections), as appropriate;
- School observations and educational assessments, as appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
Education: Master’s degree in education or special education or Bachelors degree with relevant experience.
Kind and Length of Experience: 2 years experience advocating for children with academic and/or developmental delays. Preferred experience in the child welfare field and/or special education.
General: Intelligent, hard- working, cooperative, responsible, polite and collegial, excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to work independently and collaborate within an inter-disciplinary team framework.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com