Dental Services at WIHD
The WIHD Dental Center offers a complete range of specialized dental services and ongoing care for people with disabilities. Our comprehensive program is designed to create a “dental home” ensuring quality and continuity of care for both adults and children. These services are delivered in our state-of-the-art dental suite at WIHD; in our Dental Van, which regularly visits community services agencies throughout the Hudson Valley Region; and at the Westchester Medical Center.
- We are passionate about providing a full range of dental services to adults and children with developmental disabilities.
- Our caring and patient staff is trained to support the unique needs of our patients. Each staff member has many years of experience providing dental care to persons with developmental disabilities.
- We are here to educate caregivers and our special needs patients on proper oral hygiene techniques and each dental visit with us is a teaching opportunity towards this goal.
Our dental team strongly believes in early intervention for prevention and the importance of maintaining good oral health to ensure good general health. The Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that a child’s first visit should be at their first birthday or when their first tooth erupts, whichever comes first. Good oral health is an integral part of one’s overall general health.
Dental Department Announces Expanded New Offices
The WIHD Dental Department announces the opening of expanded new offices on the fourth floor of Cedarwood Hall. The move nearly doubles the space available for dentistry at WIHD, allowing WIHD to meet the ever increasing dental needs of individuals with developmental disabilities in our local community as well as patients from all areas of the state. With four operatories, the WIHD Dental Department is now better able to accommodate the growing needs of individuals with IDD in the Hudson Valley Region. Also Westchester Medical Center is available to meet the needs of our patients that require general anesthesia. Few hospitals in the state provide this much-needed service. At a time when many of the Article 16 clinics in our region are closing, the WIHD Dental Department has made more appointment slots available so that we can serve our patients in a timely fashion.
WIHD Dental Services
- General Dentistry – all phases of general dentistry and specialty referrals
- Outpatient – Oral Pre-medication for apprehensive special needs patients
- Intravenous (IV) sedation (conscious sedation) and/or general anesthesia for those special needs patients unable to be successfully treated with outpatient oral pre-medication in the clinic setting
- Same-day surgery
Our mobile van dental outreach program serves individuals with disabilities throughout the Hudson Valley Region. Off site appointments eliminate staffing and transportation issues for agencies and group homes.
- All phases of general dentistry
- Two dental suites
- Dentist and hygienist
- Wheelchair lift
- Dental Van Flyer
Map and driving directions – CLICK HERE